Saturday, January 15, 2005

In Tatay's Eyes

The following is a letter that I would imagine to send to each of my sons as they reach a certain age, di ko sure exactly.

I look at you and wish that you had more time with your Lolo, my Tatay. You would have learned much wisdom from him, for he led a full life. From an isolated Pacific seacoast little town in Surigao del Sur, he set out to discover and grab what life had in store for him. His years were full and rich and overflowing with experiences and adventures. After 74 years, God called him home to heaven. So, I'€™m going to tell you one of those things he told me to teach you at your dedication.

(The rest of this article can be seen in an upcoming book Legacy to be released by CSM Publishing on September 2005. Because of this, I regret to remove the article from this blog.) 6/28/2005

2 comments:

Primriz said...

"we are special but we are not the center of the universe...

When people think highly of you, this is good for your self-esteem but bad for your pride."

very wonderful reminders..thanks...

and the letter is a very special gift for your sons...

God bless

Anonymous said...

Your letter to your sons is very touching and moving. Thank you for reminding me to deepen my relationship with Him and always to be humble like HIm.God has proven so many times in my life that He is God and I guess it is about time to show Him that I am worthy of his love and sacrifice.
You should send your letter to all the politicians in the Philippines para makonsiyensya sila sa lahat ng mga cforruption nila. Baka God will transform their lives. Thanks for sharing.